Welcome! I’m Judi Robinson, wife, momma to my 5 ‘little women’, and nana to 7 delightful grandchildren. This is probably not the most conventional ‘about page’, but I have a little story I’d like to share with you.
From the time I was young all I wanted to do when I grew up was love Jesus, be a momma and nurture my home and family in creative ways. That pretty much sums up the past 35+ years for me. For sure there have been both joy and hardship along the way, but what I most want to tell you about is a struggle that has played off and on like a broken record in my life. It has to do with not feeling ‘enough’. Not smart enough, accomplished enough, spiritual enough, busy enough…
I don’t mean something specific that I was meant to do and didn’t, but rather an intangible feeling of ‘enoughness’ that has to do with thinking my worth comes from what I do and not who I belong to. What really bugs me is that this struggle continued even amid studying, many times over, about my worth in Christ!
You may be thinking, that’s all very interesting Judi, not to mention incredibly personal. But what in the world does that have to do with this blog? I’ll do my best to answer that for you.
Several years ago as I was asking the Lord to show me my purpose I felt a nudge to start a blog. This idea was completely foreign to me, but it was a direction and I was hungry for direction. I began a journey that day that I now believe had far less to do with a blog and everything to do with learning just how much my God delights in me. This happened over a great deal of time through many God moments. God truly works in mysterious ways and I am so very thankful that He continues to be at work in me.
I’m seeking the Lord for what’s next on this journey. Meanwhile I aim to rest in His love and use the gifts He has given me to honor Him. I hope in some way to have the blessing of encouraging your creativity and heart and reminding you just how much your Maker delights in you. You are His most precious creation!
A few random facts
- My beautiful growing family consists of my husband Charlie, daughters Emily, Olivia, Hannah, Mollie and Gracie; sons-in-love Andrew, Scott, Keith and Chris (and welcoming AJ June 2, 2024!); grand babies Caleb, Elijah, Judah, Chloe, Emma, Lottie and Nora (+ 2 new little ones on the way!).
- Through the years we were often asked, “do you have five girls because you kept trying for a boy?”. Our heartbreaking answer is that God did bless our family with a precious baby boy, Abram Charles, and we look forward to spending an eternity with him because of the hope that we have through Christ.
- If you’d like to give my girls a follow you can find them here… Gracie, Mollie, Hannah, Olivia, Emily.
- Jesus Christ is at the center of our marriage and family. Our desire is to love and serve him in all that we do. My husband has been a pastor for as long as we’ve been married, which is how we migrated from Bucks County, PA (where we were born and raised) to North East Kansas.
- Our family is grown and spread across the midwest but we keep in close touch and love chatting with each other about daily happenings and the things we’re making.
- A ‘perfect day’ to my girls and I might look like hanging out at home together, crafting, drinking coffee, and watching Little Women or Pride & Prejudice :)