Easy Kid Paper Craft: Valentine’s Love Bug Magnets
One of the best parts of valentine’s day is the cute and tacky crafts you get to pin up on your fridge. The nostalgia of the bright colored card stock, pipe cleaners, and candy hearts are sure to pull your heart strings.
It was so much fun imagining up this “love bug” for our little ones to make. This project was specifically designed to be an easy craft for kids to make, and a sweet keepsake for those who receive it! Simply print the template and follow these five easy steps to make a love bug of your own!
- Black and red paper
- 2” circle cut out of your child’s face
- Pipe cleaner
- Candy hearts
- Glue (stick and wet craft glue)
- Print off the template and cut out all of the pieces.
- Collect the black body, red wings, and head circle. Arrange the red withs on each side of the body and glue on, then place the printed face on top of the black head area and glue.
- Use wet craft glue to secure candy hearts onto the red wings, and allow time to dry.
- Flip over. Grab your pipe cleaner and fold in half and form each half into a curled antenna (you can use a pen or pencil to wrap around and make the curl). Use wet glue to attach the pipe cleaner to the back of the head, and then glue the magnet to the back of the body.
- Send off your little love bug to your valentine!
Find more inspiration from our Valentine’s party on our blog post here.