How To Make a London Fog
Earl grey tea, vanilla, honey and milk come together for this crowd favorite drink! A London Fog Latte is perfect on a chilly fall morning.
What You’ll Need
Earl Grey Tea (loose leaf or bagged)
2% Milk (or any milk alternative you prefer)
Dried Lavender (optional)
Note: feel free to adjust the sweetness to your preference. If you only have 1 of the sweeteners listed, that’s fine! Just adjust the measurements accordingly
Starbucks London Fog Sweetness Guide
For those of you who are familiar with Starbucks drinks and their sweetness levels: below is the amount of syrup they put in their london fog!
Starbucks uses 3 pumps in a Tall, 4 pumps in a Grande, and 5 pumps in a Venti.
Each pump of syrup is roughly equivalent to 1/4 fluid ounce or 1/2 Tablespoon.
London Fog Must Haves
My favorite tea to use is Harney and Sons ” target=”_blank” rel=”noreferrer noopener”>tea bag form.
I typically purchase Torani here.
If you don’t have an espresso machine with a steam wand or an electric milk frother – You can heat up the milk (or milk alternative) on the stove top or in a microwave.
If using a microwave: Place the milk in a mug and heat in 15 second intervals. You want the milk hot, but not boiling
If using a stove top: Place milk in a small saucepan and heat on medium heat until hot, but again, not boiling.
London Fog Toppings
Feel free to top the London fog with a drizzle of honey, or some dried lavender!
- tea kettle
- milk frother or French press
- 2 Tbs Earl Grey Loose Leaf Tea or 2 bags
- 1.5 C. Boiling Water
- 1 Tbs Vanilla Syrup equivalent to 2 pumps
- 2 Tbs Raw Honey
- 1/2 C. Whole Milk or any milk alternative
- Dried Lavender optional, for topping
- Pour boiling water over tea and let steep for 5-8 minutes
- Add vanilla syrup and honey to the hot tea
- Heat up milk in microwave in15 second intervals until hot (never boiling)
- Make milk foamy with a hand frother or by adding it to a french press and begin rapidly pumping until frothy.
- Add milk to your sweetened tea and gently stir
- Top with honey drizzle or dried lavender if desired