Hello, I’m Judi, mama to 5 wonderfully creative daughters. The name ‘Creative Little Women’ comes from the fact that ever since my girls were little I have loved encouraging creativity in our home, and I have always loved nurturing our home with my creativity! Now that they are grown, (all but my 17 year old Gracie), they love creating in their own homes, and at their work as well.
I began this blog as a way to encourage women on the journey of nurturing creativity in their own homes. I’ve met so many women who say they aren’t creative, somewhere in life they believed this lie and I find it so sad. We are each made in the image of God, THE Creator. Creativity is within each of us, sometimes it just needs to be uncovered. It may be through baking, cooking, sewing, writing… I truly think though that it is when we are creating that we most reflect the image of our Creator.
Truth be told I felt a nudge from the Lord to begin this blog, however shortly after beginning I became intimidated, halted even, by perfectionism. Perfectionism is a struggle for me, as I imagine it can be for many of us. But God continues to faithfully and patiently grow me. I have made the decision that if I am to continue it’s going to be in the most non ‘perfectionistic’ way possible (is that a word?). It is the only way my 52 year old self can proceed… So if you’re reading this, welcome! My hearts desire is to connect with you while sharing a bit of our lives and love of creating and homemaking with you.
❤︎ 1 John 4:12 No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us.
A few random facts about our family:
- A few of our favorite ways to create are sewing, photography, decorating, knitting, crochet, food science, video making, baking, painting, graphic design, sketching and doll making. We are steadily (some may even say rapidly!) adding son-in-laws and grandsons to our family and they are bringing their wonderful creativity into the mix. One even loves to cook! Woo-hoo!!!
- When our girls were younger one question my husband and I were often asked was “do you have five girls because you kept trying for a boy?” The usual way we answered this was no, because we were always beyond thankful and blessed with whatever baby God saw fit to bless us with. But our truly heartbreaking answer, that we usually didn’t share, was that God had blessed our family with a precious little baby boy, Abram Charles and our hearts were broken over not being able to love on him and raise him. Ever since his birth we have looked forward to spending an eternity with him because of the hope that we have through Christ.
- My husband and I are from the suburbs of Philly however for over 20 years we’ve lived in a small rural town in northeast Kansas where my husband pastors a church. Two of our daughters now live in Manhattan, KS and one lives in St. Louis.
- We have an Etsy shop that we like to randomly fill with sewing patterns, printable paper goods + handmade items. We hope if you visit you find a little something to nurture your creativity or simply bring a smile to your day!
- A ‘perfect day’ day might consist of hanging out at home, all together, crafting, drinking coffee, and watching ‘Pride & Prejudice’ (we pretty much all love that movie, and not just because it’s a movie about a family with FIVE daughters 😊)! Avatar and Star Wars may or may not get added to that list as well 😉!!
Click here if you would like to connect via email.