Hello, I’m Judi. Together with my 5 girls we hope to share some snippets of our life and love of creating.
Ever since my girls were little I have loved creating with them. Now they (all but my 17 year old Gracie) are grown and living and creating in their own homes.
Truth be told I began this blog as a way to stay connected with my girls. I also loved the connection I felt with other bloggers in the earlier days of blogging and wanted us to share in that. Shortly after beginning I became intimidated, and dare I say halted, by the ‘perfection’ of the online world. Perfectionism is a struggle for me, and I believe it is for many of us. I’ve decided if we’re going to continue we are going to do so in the most non ‘perfectionistic’ way possible (is that a word?). It is the only way my 50 something year old self can proceed… So if you’re reading this, welcome! My heart (our hearts) desire is to connect with you while sharing a bit of our lives and love of creating with you.
1 John 4:12 No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us.
A few random facts about our family:
- A few of our favorite ways to create are sewing, photography, decorating, knitting, food science, video making, baking, painting, graphic design, sketching and doll making. I secretly hoped one of us would develop a true passion for cooking… that finally came by way of one of our son-in-laws! Everybody’s gotta eat!!
- One question my husband and I were often asked was “do you have five girls because you kept trying for a boy?” The usual way we answered this was no, because we were truly thrilled with whatever baby God saw fit to bless us with. But our more heartbreaking answer that we usually didn’t share was that God had blessed our family with a precious little baby boy, Abram Charles and our hearts were broken over not being able to love on him and raise him. Ever since his birth we have looked forward to spending an eternity with him because of the hope that we have through Christ.
- My husband and I are from the suburbs of Philly however we’ve now lived in a small rural town in northeast Kansas for over 20 years. Two daughters live in Manhattan, KS and one lives in St. Louis.
- We have an Etsy shop that we like to randomly fill with sewing patterns, printables goods + handmade items. We hope if you visit you find a little something to nurture your creativity or simply bring a smile to your day!
- A perfect day day for us might consist of hanging out at home, all together, crafting, drinking coffee, and watching ‘Pride & Prejudice’!
If you would like to contact us you can do so by clicking here.